Liposuction Little Rock
Even if you exercise and have a healthy diet, you may still have trouble getting rid of unwanted areas of fat. Liposuction removes these fat deposits and sculpts your body into the figure you desire.
Why have liposuction?
Liposuction is a great solution for people who experience:
- Localized fat deposits that will not respond to regular diet and exercise
- Disproportionate areas of the body
- Remove unwanted, localized fat deposits & bulges
- Improve your body contour
- Change body proportion to enhance overall shape
- Improve overall appearance and self-image
About the Procedure:
Liposuction is performed through a small, inconspicuous incision. A sterile saline solution with adrenaline and anesthetic is injected to minimize bleeding and improve patient comfort and safety. Then a thin, hollow tube called a cannula is manipulated back and forth to loosen the excess fat. The dislodged fat is then suctioned out of the body using a surgical vacuum or syringe attached to the cannula.
Our surgeons also use an ultrasonically assisted liposuction technique that uses ultrasonic energy to liquefy excess fat prior to surgical suctioning.
These techniques may be used to reduce localized fat deposits of the thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen, waist, upper arms, neck, back, inner knee and chest area. Liposuction takes approximately one to five hours, depending on the complexity of the procedure and the number of areas addressed. This surgery is done on an outpatient basis with either IV sedation or general anesthesia. Because safety is our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
- Patients who have skin laxity in their abdominal area may benefit from having a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) along with liposuction for optimal results.
- Fat transfers/injections are an option for patients that choose to have their fat harvested and re-injected into deep facial lines or acne scars.
- Please discuss these additional options with Dr. Spann